Have you recently received a credit report that lists WebBank, or have you recently received a letter from WebBank regarding a declined application? If so, click here for more information
Strategic Partner Group - Business Research Analyst
New Providence, NJ or Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank, (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis.
Strategic Partnership Group
The Bank, under the management of the Bank's Strategic Partnership Group ("SP Group"), is a leading provider of closed-end and revolving private-label and bank card financing programs.
Operating in cooperation with third-party vendor relationships ("Strategic Partners"), the Bank originates and funds a variety of consumer and commercial (small to medium-size business) private-label (closed-loop network) or bank card (i.e. MasterCard) programs ("Strategic Partner Programs").
The Analyst reports directly to the SP Group Director and is responsible for such areas as target market research, prospect identification and sourcing, and initial prospect analysis and underwriting, as well as supporting the in-depth due diligence analysis of prospective Strategic Partners. The Analyst shall also support the Bank in researching and analyzing new business initiatives and possible acquisition targets. The Analyst will be involved in all aspects of the Strategic Partner selection process from sourcing to execution.
- Provide professional research or business/market intelligence services on prospect targets by finding information from relevant internal and external sources.
- Perform market, competitive, commercial and financial analyses.
- Review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to gather, synthesize, and interpret data on companies and target markets/industries.
- Attend industry conferences and meetings.
- Deliver information about targeted organizations, industries and trends to senior management on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the sourcing of and conduct due diligence on new prospects and opportunities, including the identification of candidates for acquisition or other strategic transactions.
- Help identify and prioritize strategic opportunities for the Bank within the current target markets.
- Perform initial site visit reviews of prospects and take active leadership role in the initial due diligence process of a prospect. Must be willing to travel at least one week per month.
- Write research notes, reports, and position papers; and participate in various committees, due diligence audits and examinations.
- Develop initial business case and assessment of new prospects and opportunities.
- Develop financial models and produce various scenario and sensitivity analysis, including analytical work in support of new business transactions.
- Prepare financial models and presentations in support of deal recommendations.
- Present complex opportunities to the SP Executive Team and Loan Committee in a clear and concise manner with strategic rationale.
- Provide or coordinate the analysis, synthesis, and delivery of data to provide higher value information in support of new business development initiatives.
- Assist in developing appropriate legal structure and operational process for each program which includes: (1) assisting in determining pricing structures, (2) coordinating investment and business due diligence efforts, (3) ensuring proper internal and external legal review, (4) coordinating internal review processes, and (5) creating approval memorandums, contractual agreements and business proposals.
- Prepare and draft internal proposals and approval forms on new opportunities, including preparation of the business case that summarizes the opportunity, strategic fit, financial and operational analysis, risks, integration plan, and financial model to support the approval decision of a new transaction.
- Work closely with both senior management and representatives from various Bank departments to find, evaluate, negotiate, and execute complex transactions.
- Interact with clients to execute complex product transactions that generate significant revenue.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, research or marketing-related field.
- Minimum three years in private equity, or sales and marketing research in the professional services or financial services industry - ideally with venture capital, private equity or investment banking experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements and make proactive contributions.
- Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment with ability to interface effectively with other departments.
- Self-starting, team player that can excel in an entrepreneurial, high-performance environment.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of business plans.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com