Have you recently received a credit report that lists WebBank, or have you recently received a letter from WebBank regarding a declined application? If so, click here for more information
Consumer & Small Business Portfolio Credit Analyst ("CSPCA)
Salt Lake City, Utah
WebBank (the "Bank) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis. WebBank operates national consumer and commercial private-label and bank card financing programs through relationships with strategic partners and may do so independently. Such product offerings include:
- Closed-end Installment Loans (Consumer & Commercial)
- Revolving charge (Consumer & Commercial)
- Private-Label / Co-Brand / Dual-Line Cards (Consumer & Commercial)
- General Purpose Credit (Consumer & Commercial)
- Small Business Programs
Job Description Summary
The CSPCA will report to the Chief Credit Officer. The CSPCA will be primarily responsible for portfolio analytics of the Bank's consumer and small business lending programs. The CSPCA is also responsible for ensuring that the Bank's consumer and small business credit policies including those for its Strategic Partner ("SP") Programs are capably designed and appropriately administered in full compliance with WebBank requirements as well as all federal and state lending regulations. The CSPCA will engage in various other credit and compliance activities as applicable.
This position involves analyzing, evaluating and reporting on the Bank's consumer and small business related credit activities. This includes collaborating with the Compliance Department and the Strategic Partnership Group in development of a standardized reporting format for ongoing presentation to Executive Management and the Board of Directors. In addition, The CSPCA will participate in various committees, audits and examinations. The CSPCA will assist with the development and continued enhancement of bank-wide and SP Program-specific credit policies and procedures.
- Understand all SP Programs.
- Understand and validate portfolio analytics and metrics.
- Evaluate scoring models for each consumer and small business credit program to ensure that they are empirically derived, statistically sound and do not include prohibited basis factors.
- Assist the Compliance Department to ensure that all consumer and small business lending programs are in full compliance with Fair Lending laws and regulations including the spirit and intent of such laws.
- Evaluate and maintain Bank credit policies for each consumer and small business lending program including policies for each Strategic Partner Program. Act as the primary Credit Administration Department contact for compliance-related information and activities related to consumer and small business credit programs
- Conduct credit testing and credit related compliance testing and monitoring for consumer and small business credit programs.
- Inform Executive Management of all credit recommendations and key credit developments at Strategic Partner Programs and determine the impact of those developments to the Bank.
- Evaluate credit application exceptions, review exception reports and communicate findings to management.
- Evaluate loan files on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure that they are compliant with applicable Bank credit policy and that they do not contain prohibited material (Ex: Drivers license).
- Ensure that the Bank's business practices and those of its Strategic Partners, pertaining to credit policies, credit procedures, loan pricing, loan origination and loan disclosures comply with Bank requirements and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Stay abreast of federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending laws affecting the credit process and ensure those changes are communicated to and addressed by company management.
- Provide assistance in addressing internal and external audit findings that relate to credit and/or compliance activity and help prepare responses as requested.
- Conduct reviews of manual adjudication activity and develop/maintain appropriate reports of same.
- Participate in monthly calls with SP Program Managers and SP's to evaluate SP Program credit performance.
- Evaluate requested credit policy changes including strategies to adjust scorecards.
- Review fraud modules, scorecards and credit decision tree processes.
- Evaluate loss mitigation and recovery management strategies.
- Complete risk assessment write-ups pertaining to credit activity and collaborate with compliance managers in completing risk assessment write-ups pertaining to compliance requirements.
- Complete all mandatory compliance training within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure that new product development, system initiatives and other projects adequately consider and address credit and compliance related issues.
- Work closely with retained legal counsel and compliance personnel to interpret new and existing laws and regulations that impact consumer and small business credit and compliance processes. Communicate those interpretations to applicable personnel.
- Perform site visit reviews of Strategic Partner Programs with a primary focus on SP adherence to credit and compliance requirements. Must be willing to travel at least one week per month.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of consumer and or small business credit experience.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance requirements that relate to credit activity (Ex: ECOA, TILA, FCRA, FACTA).
- Experience and ability in analyzing consumer and small business credit portfolios.
- Must have prior bank experience.
- Direct experience dealing with regulators (FDIC,Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong background in federal and state lending laws.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret credit performace metrics as well as state and federal regulations.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Strong problem solver.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), analytical skills, organization skills and attention to detail required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org