Assistant Program Manager
Assistant Program Manager - Strategic Partners ("APM").
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis.
Strategic Partnership Group
Operating in cooperation with third-party vendors ("Strategic Partners"), the Bank, under the management of the Bank's Strategic Partnership Operations ("SP Operations"), is a leading provider of closed-end and revolving private-label and bank card financing programs.
The APM reports directly to the VP SP Operations and will assist and support the assigned Senior Program Manager ("SPM") in the management of the day-to-day oversight and supervision of a designated Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs. The APM, in support of the SPM, will work closely with the Compliance Manager and the Compliance Department on all regulatory or compliance-related aspects of the respective Strategic Partner Program.
- The APM is the secondary point of contact for each
assigned Strategic Partner to assist in the management of ongoing oversight and supervision of their respective Strategic Partner Programs from a holistic
- Assist the SPM with the day-to-day management, supervision and oversight of assigned Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs, including every aspect of the Bank's Strategic Partner Management Systems as it relates to the respective Strategic Partner.
- Work with the SPM in the overall risk management of assigned Strategic Partner Programs while developing the ability to maintain a balanced approach to client relationship management.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and policies by each assigned Strategic Partner in order to optimize the relationship while mitigating reputational and operational risks to the Bank.
- Under the direction of the assigned SPM, the APM will participate in regularly scheduled teleconference meetings with each respective Strategic Partner to review progress related to any managed issues, opportunities and Key Performance Indicators ("KPI's"). The timing of such calls will be determined by the SPM.
- Support the SPM in the periodic risk-based targeted and annual site visits to review and audit the Strategic Partner's adherence to the master agreements and applicable regulations. Interact daily with the assigned Compliance Manager and each respective department within the Bank or third-party resource, as directed by the SPM, to insure that the required ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of assigned Strategic Partners is occurring.
- Assist the SPM and Compliance Manager with oversight of the Compliance Management System of each respective Strategic Partner. Assist the PM, as directed, with the implementation and management of ongoing KPI's throughout the respective Strategic Partner organization including:
- Compliance training
- Work with the SPM to produce reporting for each of these items no less often than quarterly (or more frequently if required by the Bank).
- Evaluate product-level performance and tracking reports supplied by the Strategic Partner on a monthly basis. Assist the SPM with the production of monthly summary reporting for each Strategic Partner.
- Under the direction of the SPM, manage the review and approval of program material and documentation such as policies, procedures and processes. Includes all customer-facing documentation such as:
- Product and regulatory disclosures
- Outgoing customer correspondence
- Web content (E-Sign)
- All marketing materials for current and new product initiatives
- Assist in the maintenance and management of the Strategic Partner Management Log for each respective Strategic Partner to track the resolution of issues, opportunities for improvement, and best practice enhancements. The Management Log will include KPI's derived from the Strategic Partner Program master agreements.
- Meet with the SPM and VP SP Operations at least monthly to review the Management Log.
- Immediately elevate all high-risk priority items to the SPM and VP SP Operations.
- Maintain the Oversight Tracking Log, which summarizes and tracks material oversight items for each respective Strategic Partner Program, on a bi-weekly basis.
- Under the direction of the SPM, the APM will support the SP Operations interaction with the Bank's Credit Department to manage all aspects of the Strategic Partner's credit program, including initial and ongoing review and approval of credit policies, scorecards, account management strategies, and the overall underwriting process.
- Work with the Credit and Information Technology ("IT") Departments to:
- Conclude the monthly and quarterly financial review and dashboard for submission to the Bank's Loan Committee;
- Assess the Strategic Partner's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans;
- Evaluate IT Audit, Information Security and System Maintenance programs;
- Monitor additional risk areas that may be identified from time to time.
- Interact with SP Operations Support and the Banks' Finance Department, as directed by the SPM, to monitor the Strategic Partner's:
- Funding and liquidity levels;
- Settlement processes;
- Payment of monthly invoices; and
- Collateral account balance requirements.
- Work with the SPM, Compliance Manager, and outside counsel to review and approve all required Strategic Partner Program material.
- Support the engagement of any independent third party specialist utilized by the Bank or Strategic Partner to review or audit areas such as compliance, operations or IT.
- Under the direction of the SPM, the APM will interact with the SP Operations Support, the Bank's VP of Compliance and the Strategic Partner to manage the resolution and reporting of customer complaints.
- Review the Strategic Partner's monthly complaint tracking report.
- Include comments in the monthly Strategic Partner Summary Report.
- Assist the SPM with scheduling site visits, preparing site visit agendas, drafting Site Visit Reports (in collaboration with other Bank employees who attend the site visit), reporting any management findings or recommendations on the SP Management Log.
- Work with the SPM to ensure Site Visit Reports are completed and presented to the Loan Committee for review and approval within the required timeframe.
- Attend Loan Committee meetings when requested by the SPM to assist in the presentation of credit policy reviews and change requests, third party audit and review reports, annual and targeted site visit reports, and annual risk assessments.
- Work with each internal functional department in drafting and proofing the annual risk assessment for the assigned Strategic Partner Program and ensure it is written in a professional manner prior to submission.
- Support Bank management during regulatory exams or internal
- Support the Business Development with onboarding new Strategic Partners as assigned.
- Attend industry-related conferences and meetings and stay involved in ongoing training and educational opportunities to ensure relevant skills are maintained.
- Bachelors degree
and a minimum of 3 years of consumer and/or commercial financing experience primarily
focused on operations of consumer and commercial private-label or bank card
- Excellent people-management
and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team as well as on an
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail are required.
- A solid understanding of the current banking regulatory
environment is desired.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and identify
- This position
requires travel to client locations equivalent to 10 to 15% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and
operate in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to
competing needs within the organization.
- Willingness to stay
after hours to finish special projects.
- Assertive self-starter who is able to work independently to finish assigned projects.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems,
software and changing technology.
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.
The Bank may change your job description at any time without prior consultation with you. This job description shall not be construed as constituting a promise from or contract of any kind with the Bank. Neither this job description, nor the maintenance of supervisory or other policies or procedures, alters the at-will nature of your employment-both the Company and you retain the right to end or terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice, and for any reason or no reason at all.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org