Have you recently received a credit report that lists WebBank, or have you recently received a letter from WebBank regarding a declined application? If so, click here for more information
Strategic Partner Program Manager
WebBank (the "Bank) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank organized under the laws of the State of Utah. Through its industrial bank charter, WebBank engages in a full range of banking activities.
Strategic Partnership Group
The Bank, under the management of the Bank's Strategic Partnership Group ("SP Group), is a leading provider of national revolving and closed-end financing programs.
Operating in cooperation with third-party vendor relationships ("Strategic Partners), the Bank originates and funds a variety of consumer and commercial (small to medium-size business) private-label (closed-loop network) or bank card (i.e. MasterCard/Visa) programs ("Strategic Partner Programs"). The Bank enters into contractual arrangements with Strategic Partners in which a Strategic Partner will market, administer, and service one of the Bank's Strategic Partner Programs under the framework and guidelines established by the Bank's policies and procedures and under the direct oversight and supervision of the Bank.
The Strategic Partner Program Manager ("Program Manager" or "PM") reports directly to the VP Ops/Oversight and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day oversight, supervision, and management of a designated Strategic Partner and Strategic Partner Program, which includes but is not limited to relationship management, ongoing marketing of product offerings, credit, operations, compliance, finance/settlement, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management, and technology. The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for each Strategic Partner in order to manage the ongoing oversight and supervision of a Strategic Partner Program from a holistic perspective. The Program Manager interacts with and is supported by each respective department within the Bank and third party resources (i.e. Outside Counsel) that are required for ongoing oversight, reviews and monitoring of the Strategic Partner Programs. Each Strategic Partner Program is assigned a dedicated Compliance Manager. The Program Manager works closely with the Compliance Manager and the Compliance Department on all regulatory or compliance related aspects of the respective Strategic Partner Program.
- The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for each assigned Strategic Partner in order to manage the ongoing oversight and supervision of their respective Strategic Partner Programs from a holistic perspective. (Refer to Strategic Partner Management Policy 401)
- Responsible for the day-to-day management, supervision and oversight of assigned Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs, including every aspect of the Strategic Partner Management System as it relates to the respective Strategic Partner.
- Responsible for the overall risk managment of assigned Strategic Partner Programs while also maintaining a balanced approach to client relationship and retention management.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and policies by each assigned Strategic Partner to optimize the relationship while mitigating reputational and operational risks to the Bank.
- Interact via teleconference on a regular basis with each respective Strategic Partner to review progress related to any managed issues, opportunities and Key Performance indicators (KPI's). The timing of such calls will be determined by the level of risk associated with the Strategic Partner Program.
- Perform periodic risk-based targeted and annual site visits to review and audit the Strategic Partner's adherence to the Program Agreement and applicable regulations. Interact daily with the assigned Compliance Manager and each respective department within the Bank or third-party resource that is required for ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of assigned Strategic Partners.
- Manage the ongoing oversight of the Compliance Management Suystem of each respective Strategic Partner together with the assigned Compliance Manager.
- Interact with the Strategic Partner's Bank Relationship Manager and the Bank-assigned Compliance Manager to implement and manage the ongoing KPI's throughout the respective Strategic Partner organization.
- Compliance training
- Work with the Strategic Partner to produce reporting for each of these items no less often than quarterly (or more frequently if required by the Bank).
- Evaluate product-level performance and tracking reports supplied by the Strategic Partner on a monthly basis. Produce monthly summary reporting for each Strategic Partner and distribute to the SP Executive Management Team utilizing the Strategic Partner Operations Support function.
- Manage the review and approval of program material and documentation such as policies, procedures and processes. Includes all customer-facing documentation such as:
- Product and regulatory disclosures
- Web content (E-Sign)
- All marketing materials for current and new product initiatives
- Maintain and manage to the Strategic Partner Management Log for each respective Strategic Partner to track the resolution of issues, opportunities for improvement, and best practice enhancements. The Management Log will include KPI's as derived from the Strategic Partner Program Agreements.
- Meet with VP/Ops/Oversight at least monthly to review the Management Log.
- Elevate immediately all high risk priority items to VP/Ops/Oversight.
- Maintain the Oversight Tracking Log, which summarizes and tracks material oversight items for each respective Strategic Partner Program, on a bi-weekly basis.
- Interact with the Bank's Credit Department to manage all aspects of the Strategic Partner's credit program, including initial and ongoing review and approval of credit policies, scorecards, account management strategies, and the overall underwriting process.
- Work with the Strategic Partner Risk Manager:
- Conclude the monthly and quarterly financial review and dashboard for submission to the Bank's Loan Committee.
- Assess the Strategic Partner's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Evaluate IT Audit, Information Security and System Maintenance programs.
- Assitional risk areas that may be identified from time to time.
- Interacts with the Strategic Partner, Operations Support and the Bank's Finance Department to monitor the Strategic Partner's:
- Monthly invoicing
- Collateral account
- Capital and liquidity
- Work with Outside Counsel to review and approve all required Strategic Partner Program material.
- Support the engagement of any independent third party specialist utilized by the Bank or Strategic Partner to review or audit such areas as compliance or operations.
- Interact with the Bank's VP of Compliance and the Strategic Partner to manage the resolution and reporting of customer complaints.
- Review the Strategic Partner's monthly complaint tracking report.
- Include comments in the monthly Strategic Partner Summary report.
- The Program Manager is responsible for scheduling the site visits, preparing the site visit agendas, managing the site visits, drafting the Site Visit Reports (in collaboration with other Bank employees who attend the site visit), reporting any management findings or recommendations, and entering such findings or recommendations on the Strategic Partner's tab of the SP Management Log.
- Site Visit Reports are to be completed and presented to the Loan Committee for review and approval within the required timeframe.
- Attend Loan Committee meetings to present credit policy reviews and change requests, third party audit and review reports, annual and targeted site visit reports, and annual risk assessments.
- Work with the Strategic Partner Risk Manager in drafting and proofing the annual risk assessment for assigned Strategic Partner Program and ensure it is written in a professional manner prior to submission.
- This includes any amendment, extension, or renewal to an existing Strategic Partner Program Agreement.
- Attend Audit Coordinating Committee to participate in third-party audit reviews of assigned Strategic Partner Programs.
- Support Bank management during regulatory exams or internal audits.
- Support Business Development with the onboarding of new Strategic Partners as assigned.
- Attend industry-related conferences and meetings and stay involved in ongoing training and educational opportunities to ensure relevant skills are maintained.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of consumer and/or commercial financing experience primarily focused on operations of consumer and commercial private-label or bank card products. Similar experience with a bank card processor is a plus.
- Good people-management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team or on an individual basis.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is required.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions.
- This position requires travel to client locations equivalent to 25 - 35% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Willing to work flexible schedule.
- Willing to stay after hours to finish special projects.
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional professional verbal/written skills, who is highly organized and able to work independently to finish assigned projects.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software and changing technology.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org