Senior Credit Risk Manager
Senior Credit Risk Manager ("SCRM") - Consumer and SMB Analytics
WebBank Consumer/SMB product line overview
WebBank is a leading provider of national consumer and small to medium business ("SMB") private-label and bank card financing programs. Product offerings include:
- Closed-end Installment Loans (Consumer & SMB)
- Revolving Charge (Consumer & SMB)
- Private-Label / Co-Brand / Dual-Line Cards (Consumer & SMB)
- General Purpose Credit (Consumer & SMB)
- Prepaid Programs
Job Description Summary
The SCRM will report to the Chief Credit Officer ("CCO"). The SCRM will work with the CCO and other disciplines within the Bank to ensure that the Bank's Credit Policies for its consumer and SMB products are capably designed and appropriately administered in full compliance with all WebBank requirements. The SCRM, working with the CCO, will be responsible for managing the formation of and changes to these policies in collaboration with other applicable stakeholders. The SCRM along with the CCO will present these policies and any changes or updates to the Bank Loan Committee for review and approval. The SCRM will review and evaluate credit and fraud scorecards, portfolio performance, and customer collections as well as servicing functions related to credit, both before and after product implementation. The SCRM will provide the analytical support for evaluating, developing, and in coordination with the CCO, recommending asset hold strategies. In addition, the SCRM will work with internal and external resources to develop and redevelop scorecards and credit requirements necessary to support the Bank's consumer and SMB credit programs. The SCRM will engage in various other credit and compliance activities as directed by the CCO and Chief Compliance Officer (CO).
This position involves analyzing, evaluating and reporting on the Bank's consumer and SMB credit activities. The SCRM will support due diligence on new products including the documentation of credit product performance, credit portfolio characteristics and the evaluation of the credit discipline and methodologies deployed for new targeted lending opportunities under consideration by the Bank. The SCRM will be responsible for documenting, recommending and presenting conclusions to the Bank Loan Committee. The SCRM will collaborate with the CCO, CO and the Bank's Executive Management team to develop a standardized reporting format for ongoing presentation to the Bank Loan Committees, audits and examinations. The SCRM will assist with the development and continued enhancement of bank-wide and product-specific risk assessments, credit policies and procedures. The SCRM will perform ongoing monitoring of credit practices to ensure products are in full compliance with applicable credit policies.
- Manage, evaluate and maintain the Bank's credit policies for each consumer and SMB loan product and present to the Bank Loan Committee for approval. Leverage and collaborate with appropriate Compliance personnel, legal resources and other Bank disciplines in the evaluation of same.
- Consult with the CCO and CO on all credit recommendations and key credit developments in the Bank's consumer and SMB product offferings and assist in the determination of the impact of those developments to the Bank.
- Evaluate and monitor scoring models for each product to ensure that they are empirically derived, statistically sound.
- Assist the CCO in monitoring, evaluating and reporting portfolio performance to the Bank Loan Committee.
- Evaluate requested credit policy changes including credit scorecard validation and redevelopment.
- Participate in site visit reviews of lending partners with a primary focus on adherence to credit policy requirements. Must be willing to travel at least several days per month.
- Review fraud models and understand fraud mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate loss mitigation and recovery management strategies.
- Manage credit and portfolio audit activities.
- Provide assistance in addressing internal and external audit findings that relate to credit activity and help prepare responses as requested.
- Support the CCO in portfolio discussion/presentation during regulatory examinations.
- Perform due diligence on consumer and SMB credit product opportunities to analyze scorecards, credit policies, and portfolio performance and present findings, supporting documentation and conclusions in the New Partner/Product Approval document that goes to the Bank Loan Committee and the Board for approval.
- Ensure that new product development, systems initiatives and other projects adequately consider and address all credit related issues.
- Complete all mandatory compliance training within prescribed timeframes.
- Coordinate the methodology and collaborate with the Compliance Department in the administration of credit testing and credit related compliance testing and monitoring for each consumer and SMB credit product. This testing and monitoring will include but may not be limited to the following areas:
- Conformance to Bank Credit Policies
- Adverse Action Handling
- Risk Based Pricing Administration
- Credit Line Assignment Management
- Scorecard Implementation
- Monitor credit application exception processes and reports and communicate findings to management.
- Conduct reviews of manual adjudication activity and develop/maintain reports of same.
- Participate in monthly calls with origination partners to evaluate credit performance.
- Support the CCO in the completion of risk assessment write-ups pertaining to credit activity and collaborate with Compliance Managers in completing risk assessment write-ups pertaining to compliance requirements.
- Support the Compliance Department to ensure that all SP Programs are in full compliance with Fair Lending laws and regulations including the spirit and intent of such law.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of consumer and SMB credit experience.
- Excellent ability to analyze data and interpret credit performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of portfolio dynamics including roll rate analysis and loss rate forecasting.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of database management including analytical software tools such as SAS.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical credit modeling methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance requirements that relate to credit activity (Ex: ECOA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, FACTA).
- Must have prior relevant experience in a regulated banking environment.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Strong problem solver.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organization skills required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com