Strategic Partner Compliance Manager
Strategic Partner Compliance Manager ("SPCM")
Strategic Partner Business
WebBank is a leading provider of national consumer and commercial private-label and bank card financing programs. The Bank works closely with clients (Strategic Partners) to design, develop, implement, administer and fund customized consumer and/or commercial financing program(s). Such product offerings include:
- Closed-end Installment Loans (Consumer & Commercial)
- Revolving Lines of Credit (Consumer & Commercial)
- Private-Label/Co-Brand/Dual-Line Cards (Consumer & Commercial)
- General Purpose Credit (Consumer & Commercial)
- Small Business Programs
- Prepaid/Depository Products
The Bank has an established Strategic Partnership Group with dedicated Program Managers focused on all aspects of program oversight, management and risk mitigation. The Compliance Department works closely with the Strategic Partnership Group to ensure that Strategic Partner Programs are in full compliance with all federal and state lending regulations as well as all WebBank credit requirements.
Job Description Summary
The SPCM will report to the V.P. Compliance Officer and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that assigned Strategic Partner Programs maintain compliance with federal and state lending regulations as well as all WebBank requirements. The SPCM will engage in various other compliance activities as directed by the V.P. Compliance Officer or Chief Compliance Officer.
This position involves planning, organization and control of the Bank's day-to-day operational compliance activities related to assigned Strategic Partner Programs. The SPCM will collaborate with the V.P. Compliance Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and the Strategic Partnership Group in the administration of compliance directives established by Executive Management and the Board of Directors. In addition the SPCM will participate in various committees, audits and examinations. The SPCM will assist with the development and continued enhancement of bank-wide and Program-specific compliance related policies and procedures. The SPCM will perform ongoing monitoring and transaction level testing across a broad range of areas to validate Strategic Partner Program compliance with applicable law. In addition, the SPCM will conduct compliance training for designated Strategic Partners that may include AML/BSA, Fair Lending, Privacy, UDAAP and other training as designated by the Chief Compliance Officer. The SPCM will collaborate with the Compliance Department and Strategic Partnership Group in the completion of ongoing risk assessments. The SPCM will assist the V.P Compliance Officer and Chief Compliance Officer in responsibilities of notifying the Board of Directors, Executive Management and Bank personnel of emerging compliance issues. The SPCM will work collaboratively with the Compliance Department to help guide the Bank in the establishment of controls to mitigate compliance risks.
- Act as the primary Compliance Department contact for compliance-related information and activities as related to assigned Strategic Partner Programs.
- Inform Executive Management and support teams of all key developments related to regulatory compliance at assigned Strategic Partner Programs and determine the impact of those developments to the Bank.
- Ensure that existing and proposed Bank and Strategic Partner Program business practices, policies, procedures, loan pricing, origination software systems, marketing materials, customer correspondence, documents and disclosures comply with federal and state regulations.
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending and privacy and ensure those changes are communicated to and addressed by company management and Strategic Partners.
- Assist V.P. Compliance and Chief Compliance Officer in addressing internal and external audit findings and help prepare responses as requested.
- Assist in the refinement and execution of compliance monitoring programs to test the compliance controls and procedures.
- Complete all mandatory compliance training within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure that new product development, system initiatives and other projects adequately consider and address compliance related issues.
- Work closely with retained legal counsel and other compliance related resources to interpret new and existing laws and regulations and communicate those interpretations to applicable personnel.
- On an as-needed basis, perform research on regulatory issues that is thorough, accurate and timely. Communicate the results of that research to management for action plans to be developed if applicable.
- Attend compliance related industry conferences and meetings as directed by Chief Compliance Officer.
- Perform site visit reviews of Strategic Partner Programs. Must be willing to travel at least one week per month
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of regulatory compliance experience (CRCM designation preferred).
- Must have prior bank experience.
- Direct experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong background in federal and state lending laws.
- Strong knowledge of AML/BSA guidelines and requirements.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret legal and statutory materials as well as state and federal regulations.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Strong problem solver.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com