Have you recently received a credit report that lists WebBank, or have you recently received a letter from WebBank regarding a declined application? If so, click here for more information
Strategic Partner Compliance Manager ("SPCM)
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis.
Strategic Partner Business
WebBank is a leading provider of national consumer and commercial private-label and bank card financing programs. The Bank works closely with clients (Strategic Partners) to design, develop, implement, administer and fund customized consumer and/or commercial financing program(s). Such product offerings include:
- Closed-end Installment Loans (Consumer & Commercial)
- Revolving charge (Consumer & Commercial)
- Private-Label / Co-Brand / Dual-Line Cards (Consumer & Commercial)
- General Purpose Credit (Consumer & Commercial)
- Small Business Programs
The Bank has an established Strategic Partnership Group with dedicated Program Managers focused on all aspects of program oversight, management and risk mitigation. The Compliance Department works closely with the Strategic Partnership Group to ensure that Strategic Partner Programs are in full compliance with all federal and state lending regulations as well as all WebBank requirements.
The SPCM will report to the V.P. Compliance Officer and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that assigned Strategic Partner Programs maintain compliance with federal and state lending regulations as well as all WebBank requirements. The SPCM will engage in various other compliance activities as directed by the V.P. Compliance Officer or Chief Compliance Officer.
This position involves planning,
organization and control of the Bank's day-to-day operational compliance
activities related to assigned Strategic Partner Programs. The SPCM will collaborate with the V.P.
Compliance Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and the Strategic Partnership
Group in the administration of compliance directives established by Executive
Management and the Board of Directors.In addition the SPCM will participate in various committees, audits and
examinations. The SPCM will assist with the development and continued
enhancement of bank-wide and Program-specific compliance related policies and
procedures. The SPCM will perform
ongoing monitoring and transaction level testing across a broad range of areas
to validate Strategic Partner Program compliance with applicable law. In addition, the SPCM will conduct compliance
training for designated Strategic Partners that may include AML/BSA, Fair
Lending, Privacy, UDAAP and other training as designated by the Chief
Compliance Officer. The SPCM will
collaborate with the Compliance Department and Strategic Partnership Group in
the completion of ongoing risk assessments.The SPCM will assist the V.P. Compliance Officer and Chief Compliance
Officer in responsibilities of notifying the Board of Directors, Executive
Management and Bank personnel of emerging compliance issues. The SPCM will work collaboratively with the
Compliance Department to help guide the Bank in the establishment of controls
to mitigate compliance risks.
- Act as the primary Compliance Department contact for compliance-related information and activities as related to assigned Strategic Partner Programs.
- Inform Executive Management and support teams of all key developments related to regulatory compliance at assigned Strategic Partner Programs and determine the impact of those developments to the Bank.
- Ensure that existing and proposed Bank and Strategic Partner Program business practices, policies, procedures, loan pricing, origination software systems, documents and disclosures comply with federal and state regulations.
- Stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending and privacy and ensure those changes are communicated to and addressed by company management.
- Assist V. P. Compliance and Chief Compliance Officer in addressing internal and external audit findings and help prepare responses as requested.
- Assist in the refinement and execution of compliance monitoring programs to test the compliance controls and procedures.
- Complete all mandatory compliance training within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure that new product development, system initiatives and other projects adequately consider and address compliance related issues.
- Work closely with retained legal counsel and other compliance related resources to interpret new and existing laws and regulations and communicate those interpretations to applicable personnel.
- Perform site visit reviews of Strategic Partner Programs. Must be willing to travel at least one week per month.
- Bachelors degree and minimum of 5 years of regulatory compliance experience (CRCM designation preferred).
- Must have prior bank experience.
- Direct experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong background in federal and state lending laws.
- Strong knowledge of AML/BSA guidelines and requirements.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret legal and statutory materials as well as state and federal regulations.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Strong problem solver.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required.